Thursday, September 8, 2011

CC48 Day 3 (9/8/2011)

Day three, what can I say. More rain, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I left Silver Creek, NY at about 9:00. Dale and Judy were great hosts and I really enjoyed my time with them. It is easy to see where Joe's wife Eve gets her sweet personality. Joe drove all the way up from NJ in his truck in the torrential rain, just to meet meet me there. He felt bad that he did not ride his motorcycle..... well maybe a little. His new Lincoln Navigator was called into duty for this trip. Good choice! It was not a good motorcycle day at all.
Things looked brighter when I left this morning. It was misty, but not raining. That did not last long. I had spotty light rain and mist almost all the way across Ohio and Indiana. In western Indiana it looked real ominous, but the sky never opened up. Thank the Lord for small wonders. I stoppe in western Ohio to try to Skype Mrs. Pickens 6th grade classes, but the new rest stop I selected did not have its WIFI installed yet. :-( Oh well, we were able to have a speaker phone call into the class and it was a lot of fun. The students had put together a list of questions and I tried to answer them as best I could. It will really be a lot of fun when I can see them on Skype. Hopefully next week. In any event, I almost forgot to go north into Michigan. Oops! I must have been watchin the traffic and missed the GPS telling me to turn North on my planned little loop into the southernmost parts of Michigan. I guess the GPS just recalculated my route to take me to my destination and I never noticed. Fortunatly, I came to my senses in the very western part Indiana, got off at the exit for Notre Dame University and headed North. Michigan is only about 3 miles, up the road, so I hit Niles, MI and headed back to my route on I-90W. Whew! That would have been a disaster to have to weave that into the trip on the way home. I am guessing it would have been about a 1,500 mile extra jaunt! I apologize for not having a picture to add to this post, but for some reason, my e-mail is not connecting through this server. Hopefully this post will make it. I promise some more picutes tomorrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment